Appetite suppressants are not for everybody. In selected individuals, these may aid to lower appetite and weight by suppressing food binges and cravings.
Your appetite is influenced by a variety of factors and leads to various eating practices. If you want to reduce weight but are unable to control your eating, appetite suppressants may help.
- Appetite suppressants are available over the counter and as prescription drugs that are to be advised by a doctor.
- Both natural supplements and prescription appetite suppressants may work best for you, but the choice depends mostly on your medical conditions.
Some appetite suppressants can interfere with your regular prescription drugs that are taken for other medical issues and may cause more side effects. Some appetite suppressants may not interfere with your medications and do not cause any harm.
The length of use of appetite suppressants is recommended by the FDA, where some are recommended only for short-term usages, such as 12 weeks or fewer. However, if these tablets prove to be successful for you initially, you may continue to take them for an extended period but only with your doctor's advice.
Appetite-suppressant pills not only help with losing weight but also can assist you in changing your eating habits and learning to notice signals indicating you are full.
6 prescription appetite suppressants
Prescription appetite suppressants are those that have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Prescription appetite suppressants may be a crucial part of your weight-loss strategy. People who use prescription weight-loss drugs as part of their lifestyle regimen can lose up to nine percent more body weight than those who do not.
Six prescription appetite suppressants include:
- Contrave (naltrexone/bupropion): It is a combination of two drugs that may affect your brain's reward system, so eating particular meals that are used to make you feel good may no longer do so. It affects the hypothalamus, which is the region of your brain that controls your appetite, temperature, and other activities.
- Prelu-2 (phendimetrazine): This will help you with behavioral changes in eating and reduce calorie intake by suppressing appetite. This medication is best suited for people who are obese or have any weight-related medical issues. It works by suppressing your appetite, boosting the amount of energy your body expends, or altering certain sections of your brain. This belongs to the sympathomimetic amines family of medications.
- Tenuate dospan (diethylpropion): Diethylpropion is used to help you lose weight in conjunction with a doctor-approved low-calorie diet, exercise, and behavior modification program. It is prescribed to people who are considerably overweight (obese) and who have not lost enough weight by diet and exercise alone. This medicine is an appetite suppressant that belongs to the sympathomimetic amines family of medications.
- Saxenda (liraglutide): This is also sold under the brand name Victoza as an anti-diabetic medication. This medication has an additional advantage of appetite suppression, affecting the local chemical messengers in the intestine.
- Qsymia (phentermine/topiramate): It is a combination of two medications. Phentermine is a stimulant that reduces your appetite. Topiramate is a medication meant to treat seizures and headaches, but when used with phentermine, it may help you feel less hungry and full.
- Pro-Fast (phentermine): Phentermine belongs to the anorectics, or appetite suppressants, class of medicines. Taking phentermine suppresses your appetite, allowing you to eat fewer calories. This may result in weight reduction over time. Although the exact mechanism by which phentermine suppresses hunger is unknown, the medicine is considered to work by increasing neurotransmitter levels in the brain. It has a molecular structure comparable to the stimulant drug amphetamine and is only accessible with a prescription.
5 best over-the-counter appetite suppressants
The five best over-the-counter appetite suppressants include:
PhenQ is the best, high-quality appetite suppressor that can improve weight reduction in two ways that include:
- Increasing fat burning
- Decreasing appetite
Active ingredients of PhenQ include:
- Alpha-Lacys Reset: Boosts metabolism
- L-carnitine fumarate: Increases fat absorption and conversion of fat into energy
- Capsimax powder: Helps with fat burning and prevents the formation of new fat cells
- Nopal: Dietary fiber that helps reduce food intake
- Caffeine: Fat burner, increases alertness and energy for an active lifestyle
- Chromium picolinate: Reduces craving for carbohydrates and sugars
It is available as pills that are manufactured in facilities approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Good Manufacturing Practices. Each tablet contains natural appetite suppressants and fat burners that aid in weight loss and fat elimination. It may assist you in gaining muscle mass to attain a firm and toned figure.
Other benefits of using PhenQ include increased energy and happiness. You will be more motivated to exercise if you are happy and energized. The more you exercise, the faster you will lose weight.
LeanBean is an appetite suppressant for women that contains Ingredients that can improve the skin’s health.
LeanBean is taken three times a day to:
- Control appetite and reduce cravings for food.
- Increase fat metabolism.
- Increase your energy levels.
- Increase muscular tone.
Active ingredients of LeanBean include:
- Glucomannan: Best quality appetite suppressant; dietary fiber reduces food intake
- Chromium picolinate: Intake of carbohydrates is reduced, and good blood sugar levels are maintained
- Green coffee bean: Provides the body with less caffeine; provides more energy and antioxidants
- Choline: Breaks down and burns stubborn fat
- Vitamins B6 and B12: Maintain good metabolism, boost muscle growth, and prevent tiredness
- Zinc: Increases the rate of metabolism of carbohydrate and fatty acids, prevents fat stores in the body, and boosts muscle growth
- Piperine: Boosts metabolism
This hunger suppressant has no caffeine or other stimulants, yet it can improve your energy and attention. You are more likely to adhere to your training plan and live a healthy lifestyle if you have more energy.
3. Instant Knockout
Instant Knockout is best suited for men. This appetite suppressant pill may assist you in consuming fewer calories. It may aid in fat loss and metabolism, providing you with enough energy to keep you working out for longer.
Active ingredients of Instant Knockout include:
- Cayenne pepper: Boosts metabolism and improves fat oxidation
- Caffeine: Appetite suppressor
- L-Theanine: Reduces effects of caffeine such as trouble sleeping
- Vitamin D3: Strengthens bones, improves heart health, and facilitates weight loss
- Vitamin B6: Boosts metabolism and improves mood and focus
- Vitamin B12: Increases fat burning
- Green tea extracts: Promote oxidation of fat and prevent fat storage around the abdomen
- Glucomannan: Natural appetite suppressant
- Piperine: Suppresses the formation of fat cells and improves absorption of active ingredients in the pills.
PhenGold is a dietary supplement for increasing metabolism. It promotes natural fat metabolism to accomplish long-term weight loss. It is most effective when used along with a calorie-controlled diet and healthy lifestyle. If you stick to the dose directions, you should see visible weight loss after one to two months.
It is recommended to take three pills before breakfast daily and it helps:
- Speed up fat loss.
- Boost metabolism.
- Increase energy.
- Reduce food cravings.
- Improve focus and mood.
Active ingredients of PhenGold include:
- Green tea extract: Accelerates fat metabolism
- Cayenne pepper: Suppresses appetite and boosts metabolism
- Dimethylethanolamine: Enhances mood
- Green coffee: Enhances metabolism and aids in burning fat
- Vitamins B3, B6, and B12: Curb cravings and ensure a healthy metabolism
- L-theanine: Boosts metabolism, elevates mood and focus, and improves sleep
- Rhodiola Rosea: Boosts energy
- L-tyrosine: Triggers fat burning and boosts mood and focus
- Caffeine: Curbs food cravings
TrimTone is the best fat burner and a great appetite suppressant product designed exclusively for ladies. Natural fat burning may occur around the clock if used properly. Continual fat burning may assist you in meeting your weight reduction goals more rapidly.
TrimTone may help you regulate your appetite. Eating less may result in a calorie deficit and prevent the formation of unnecessary fat cells. You should exercise every day while taking TrimTone to lose weight faster.
Active ingredients of TrimTone include:
- Green tea extract: Increases metabolism, suppresses fat production, and aids in recovery post-workout
- Glucomannan: Potent appetite suppressant
- Green coffee: Reduces blood sugar levels
- Caffeine: Controls hunger and increases energy
- Grains of paradise: Activates brown adipose tissue and burns more calories
These are all really effective and reasonably safe to take. Furthermore, organic compositions of these appetite suppressants will reduce the possibility of negative effects. You can even choose supplements that offer money-back guarantees.
Latest Diet & Weight Management News
- Listeria Outbreak in 10 States
- Salmonella in Ground Chicken
- More Attractive to Mosquitoes
- More Booster Shots for Fall Campaign
- Fireworks Injuries Are Rising
- More Health News »
Trending on MedicineNet
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Causes of Stool Color Changes
- Good Heart Rate By Age
- Laminectomy Recovery Time
- Normal Blood Pressure By Age
Why do you need appetite suppressants?
Appetite suppressants are not for everybody. In selected individuals, these may aid to lower appetite and weight by suppressing food binges and cravings. Frequent exercise and a healthier lifestyle are vital in the battle against obesity.
If you have been struggling with weight reduction for a long time, appetite suppressants may be part of your initial strategy. Certain medical standards govern the usage of appetite suppressants. These guidelines are based on your body mass index (BMI), which measures the amount of body fat in your body.
- Normal BMI ranges between 18.5 and 24.9.
- If your BMI is between 25 and 29.9, you are considered overweight.
- If your BMI is 30 and above, you are considered obese.
If you have a BMI of 25 and higher, you may use prescription appetite suppressants. If you have a BMI of 27 or greater and have been diagnosed with at least one weight-related medical problem, such as high blood pressure or type II diabetes, you are a strong candidate. You can receive the medicine if your BMI is higher than 30, whether you have additional health issues.
However, the use of appetite suppressants alone will not help you reach your ideal weight goal. A healthy routine that includes regular exercise, balanced food, and regular sleeping patterns is equally important in the process.
Is it safe to use appetite suppressants?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved some prescription appetite suppressants for short-term use of 12 weeks or less. It is better to discuss with your doctor before you start any supplement, natural or otherwise, for weight loss.
While choosing appetite suppressants, you must be cautious about the components. For example, substances such as chromium picolinate included in certain supplements may interfere with your diabetic prescription medications.
The primary goal of using appetite suppressants is to lose extra fat. As a result, anyone who is overweight or struggling to lose weight can benefit from them.
You must always ensure that the appetite suppressant you purchase is gender suitable. This is because many companies target men's and women's health concerns separately.
Ideal appetite suppressants are rich in natural vitamins and minerals that are essential for your health. Thus, these supplements are safe to take. However, those that contain powerful stimulants, such as coffee, may cause headaches or nausea. Consult a doctor before using these supplements, especially if you have a preexisting health issue.
What are the possible side effects of appetite suppressants?
The following are some of the most common adverse effects:
Furthermore, pregnant or nursing women should avoid using these supplements. Additionally, people with autoimmune diseases, cancer, and other medical problems should avoid appetite suppressants because they may cause them more harm.