What is a mid-forehead brow lift?
The average cost of a brow lift is $3,623, according to 2018 statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
A mid-forehead brow lift, commonly known as a brow lift, is a procedure that involves surgical correction of eyebrow sagging. It also helps:
- Eliminate the wrinkle lines that appear between the eyebrows.
- Restore youthful appearance by placing the eyebrow at the desired position.
Eyebrows and eyelids droop for various reasons:
- Overstretching of forehead, eyebrows and eyelids
- Facial paralysis
- Injury resulting in asymmetry
Complaints frequently noticed in people with eyebrow sagging are:
- Blurred vision due to baggy eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Visual appearance concerns
When is a brow lift done?
A brow lift is done for the following conditions:
- Vision disturbances
- Brow sagging for natural reasons
- Brow sagging as a result of facial paralysis
Patients with the following conditions require brow lifts as a special indication:
- Men who have significant forehead wrinkles
- Men with receding hairlines
Who is a good candidate for a brow lift?
An ideal candidate for brow lift surgery should be:
- Physically healthy
- Having realistic expectations and goals
Who shouldn’t undergo brow lift surgery?
- Patients without forehead wrinkles
- Patients who don’t want to consider the possibility of facial scars
- Patients with a very low front hairline
How much does a brow lift cost?
The average cost of a brow lift is $3,623, according to 2018 statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. This average cost is only part of the total price – it does not include anesthesia, operating room facilities or other related expenses. It is advisable to consult your surgeon for a more accurate estimate, which will also depend on your medical history and pre-existing conditions.
How is brow lift surgery done?
Before the surgery
Patients should consider the following before undergoing surgery:
- Discuss with the physician their goals and expectations.
- Undergo medical and lab tests.
- Refrain from cigarette smoking.
- Stop certain medications such as Vitamin E, aspirin, and other anti-inflammatory medications a week before the surgery to prevent bruising or bleeding during surgery.
- Remove all makeup and jewelry before surgery.
During the surgery
The anesthesiologist administers general anesthesia.
The cosmetic surgeon
- Makes an incision in the forehead.
- Retracts the skin to access the muscle.
- Weakens the muscles to eliminate the crease or wrinkles.
- May remove the muscle completely.
- Closes the incision with sutures.
- Dresses the forehead, which may be removed and reapplied if necessary.
After the surgery
- Initial wound healing takes 10 to 14 days.
- Patients can return to work after 10 to 14 days.
- Patients need to keep their head elevated and restrict physical activity.
- Patients should not apply ice or heat compress to the operated area.
What should I expect after a brow lift surgery?
With advanced technology, the success rate has improved with minimal scarring. Complications such as facial nerve injury, blood loss, itching, scarring, and the inability to close the eyes completely (lagophthalmos) may occur. Most of the patients are satisfied with the immediate outcome. The incision and swelling will fade over time.