These fine lines or wrinkles occur mainly on the parts of the body
Did you recently notice some fine lines on your face? Are you worried about aging faster than usual? These fine lines or wrinkles occur mainly on the parts of the body, which gets the most sun exposure like the face, neck, the back of the hands, and the tops of the forearm. If the fine lines bother you, then there are measures to even out the lines. Some of the preventive measures to prevent premature skin aging include:
- Protecting skin from sun exposure: Sun is the biggest culprit in skin aging. So, it is essential to limit sun exposure by applying sunscreen with a sun protection factor or SPF of 30 (or higher). Ensure that the sunscreen is water-resistant as well as broad-spectrum. You can also limit sun exposure by wearing a lightweight and long-sleeved shirt, pants, a wide-brimmed hat, and sunglasses with ultraviolet ray protection. Reapply the sunscreen as and when needed.
- Quit smoking: Smoking aggravates the aging process. Besides, smoking also dulls the complexion along with wrinkles.
- Drink alcohol in moderation: Alcohol is harsh on your skin. It can dehydrate and damage the skin, thus tarnishing the youthful appearance.
- Cleanse the face: Wash your face twice a day and after perspiring heavily. Use a mild cleanser.
- Wash your face gently: Exfoliation is an important aspect of skincare routines; however, scrubbing hardly may irritate the skin. Irritating the skin accelerates skin aging. Hence, it is important to wash your face gently.
- Moisturize your face daily: Moisturizer helps to lock in the water, thus improving the youthful appearance of the skin. Even oily skin requires a moisturizer.
- Regular exercise: Moderate exercise improves blood circulation and boosts the immune system. Improved blood circulation prevents the formation of fine lines.
- Having a well-balanced, healthy diet: Eating a well-balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegetables may help to alleviate the aging process.
- Do not overindulge in skincare products: Excess skincare products may irritate the skin. Irritated skin may lead to aging; hence, choose your products prudently.
- Avoid getting tanned: Use a self-tanner instead of getting a tan as tanning may spoil your skin.
- Sleeping flat on the back: Certain sleeping positions may contribute to wrinkles on the face. Use silk bedding and pillows.
- Hydration: Drink a lot of water in the day because water helps to plump up the skin. Make sure you have at least 8-10 tall glasses of water in a day.
Some of the natural remedies to remove wrinkles include:
- Aloe vera gel: Aloe vera either taken as a supplement or applied directly to the skin reduced the appearance of fine lines.
- Banana mask: Bananas naturally contain some vitamins and oils that are essential for healthy skin. Apply a mashed banana on the skin and leave it for 15-20 minutes before cleaning it off with warm water.
- Egg whites: The thin membrane that separates the white from the shell is more effective in reducing wrinkles. Using cream made of egg membrane leads to a noteworthy reduction in wrinkle depth. People with egg allergies should avoid this remedy.
- Olive oil: Consuming olive oil may prevent the development of fine lines. The components of olive oil can increase the skin’s collagen levels.
- Vitamin C: Serums containing Vitamin C when applied over the face and neck can reduce wrinkles. Over the counter creams containing 2% glycolic acid also helps to reduce wrinkles.
- Yogurt or probiotics: Applying probiotics to the skin may protect it against sunlight.
Although these remedies may help to boost the skin’s health, there is no scientific evidence to prove the benefits of these remedies against wrinkles.